Functions of Research And Development Cell
- To encourage faculty members to prepare research proposals, interdisciplinary research, product design and development, publications in reputed journals and conferences.
- To initiate and promote MOU with industries and R & D organizations; for consultancy, collaborative research, sponsored projects, Industry-Institute interaction etc.
- To arrange talks and interactions by eminent personalities from Industry, R & D organization and institutions of repute; for the better understanding of research methodology and practices currently followed.
- To suggest peer reviewed national and international journals for subscription in the central library.
- To develop research proposals for up-gradation of laboratories through AICTE/UGC/MHRD/NMU funding opportunities.
- To encourage faculties to apply for patents or other Intellectual Property Rights.
- To allocate budget for conducting workshops, training programs, seminars, conferences and Faculty Development Program also for the staff who are attending workshops, conferences and paper presentation outside the institute. It also includes software purchasing for various departments for research purpose (like Design expert, statistics etc.).
- To motivate faculty and students to design, fabricate and implement viable functional projects for the benefits of institute and society.
- To motivate students and faculties for presenting technical papers/projects at least in National conferences, competitions and exhibitions.